CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Week 1 of DE work with the Power Clean and Box Squat. Use your 1RM Back Squat for your Back Squat numbers today. Make sure you are AT PARALLEL with these.
– Metcon: The goal today is beat your previous score for both time and load. We are ending with rowing intervals that should be challenging but sustainable for ALL sets.
A: Seated Dynamic Box Jumps (25 reps total after warm up)
add a light weighted vest after you’ve performed 10 jumps at bodyweight
B: Power Clean (6 x 3 @75% of Last Monday, every 90s.)
reset each rep
C: Box Squats (10 x 2 @50% + 25% Band tension, every 60 seconds)
Squat to a Box
– use your Back Squat 1RM
– This should be a PARALLEL Squat, roughly 16″ Box.
D: Crossfit Games Open 18.2 (Ages 16-54) (Time)
for time of:
Dumbbell squats 50/35 lb
-12 minute time cap
– If you finish under the time cap, use remaining time to complete 18.2a
– If you don’t finish before the time cap, add 1 second for every rep you don’t complete before the time cap
E: Crossfit Games Open 18.2 A (all divisions) (Weight)
Use the remaining time from 18.2 to accomplish a 1RM clean
F: Metcon (Time)
Rest until recovered,
4 Rounds of:
500m Row. Rest 2:00
score slowest, but stay consistent.
G: Glute-Ham Raises (Accumulate 50 reps)
*Perform 6-10, HEAVY weighted straight leg sit-ups after each set.