CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Build to a HEAVY 5 over the course of 5-6 sets of wide grip bench press with bands set above the bar. This should allow you to handle heavier loads today. This does NOT have to be a max and should be perfect form. For HS walk cap this work at 20 minutes. This will give you time to play and practice.
– Metcon: Today’s metcon should challenge you head to toe. If you’ve never done carries with a sled attached go lighter than you think. If you’re not careful your HR will likely spike too high, too fast. Denote your time for the entire workout.
A: Future Method Bench (Heavy 5 + 1 Drop set. Rest 2:00)
– Build to a heavy set (not necessarily a max)
– Drop sets = a weight you can perform 8-12 reps with. Use whatever grip you’re strongest with for your drop set.
– Use a medium thickness band set-up from the top of your rack.
B: Handstand Walk (100-150 Ft. If you’re a ninja add obstacles)
C: Metcon (Time)
250 Meter OH KB Carry (53s, 35s) with a light sled attached to your weight belt. Only move forward with KB OH.
250 Meter Front Rack Carry (53s, 35s) with the same sled.
250 Meter Farmer Carry (53s, 35s) with the same sled.
250 Meter Sledpull Rows with the same sled
D: DBall Floor Press (4 minute AMRAP)
Guys: 100 or 150# dball
Ladies: 80-100# dball