CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Build to a heavy set of 4 in 7 sets of close grip bench press.
– Metcon: Today’s piece will test your local muscle endurance so break sets before you have to as this will afford you a better overall time.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
1) Oscillatory Foam roll pecs: x 60 seconds per side.
2) AMRAP 3 of:
10 Over and Back
10 Banded Facepull-aparts
10 Banded Pull-aparts
10 Thoracic Rotations (5 each side)
3) Review Metcon Movements:
– Hang Power Cleans
B: Bench Press (close grip: Heavy 4 in 7 sets. Rest 2:00)
– Slightly inside of shoulder width
– Shoot for 85% of 1RM if Known
– If you have chains, use them.
– Beginners: Only add weight if form permits.
C: Metcon (Time)
DB Hang Power Cleans (50s, 35s)
Legless Rope Climbs
L3: (45s, 30s) (Rope Climb with legs)
L2: (35s 25s) (Ground to standing with Rope) (Box Push-ups)
L1: (30s, 20s) (30 Banded Pull-aparts after each round in place of Rope Climbs) (Box Push-ups Reps of 30-20-10-5)
*Rope Climb Scaling
20:00 Time Cap
D: Warm-up (No Measure)
Ring Rows: 1/4 x 15. Rest 60s.
– people should use an angle that is “easy” for them as 15 reps per set will accumulate fast.
Parasympathetic Breathing x 15-20 breaths – 3 seconds inhale + hold 1 second + 3 second exhale