CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Today we are building to a 1RM Back Squat. Be smart and have a plan in place on how you’re going to beat your previous 1RM by 5#s. Take your goal weight and lay out a plan to build to that weight. 5@50%, 4@60%, 3@70%, 2@80% and 3-4 singles about 90% is a good guideline to follow. Plug in your numbers and get your mind ready to crush your old PR! Last tested 4/22.
– Metcon: First off, hook grip is going to be huge with todays complex. If you dont hook grip this will get bad, fast! This peice is targeting both the posterior and anterior chains but this is going to smoke your grip as well. Do not underestimate the weights today. It is better to overscale this one due to the typically butchered reverse lunges and bent over rows.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
6 Minutes of:
Box Programming Dynamic Warm-up
BP Dynamic Consists of:
Knee Hug + Lunge w. forearm to floor + Thoracic Rotation + toe point
Then grab barbells and complete,
4 Minutes of:
6 Front Rack Reverse Lunges each
4 Back Squat with 1 count pause at bottom of each rep.
5 Seated Dynamic Vertical Jumps
B: Back Squat (5-3-1+-3-3-3. Rest 2:00)
– Rx: Build to a 1RM then 3 x 3
– L3: Build to a “heavy 1” then 3×3
– L2: Sets of 3-5 adding weight form permits
– L1: Goblet Box Squat: 5 x 6. Rest 90s.
2) Warm-up “Devils Complex” building in weight
C: Devils Complex (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 12 Complex of:
6 Romanian Deadlifts (135, 95)
6 Hang Power Cleans (135, 95)
12 Front Rack Reverse Lunges (135, 95) (total)
12 Barbell Rows (135, 95)
*Rest as needed between rounds
*ALL done without dropping the bar or re-gripping.
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65)
L1: (75, 55)