CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Build to a 1RM Front Squat in 10 sets. Goal = beat current 1RM by 5 lbs.
– Metcon: Hero workout DT – In honor of US Air Force SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on February, 20 2009 supporting operations in OEF when his vehicle was struck by an IED. Timothy was survived by his wife Megan and his son, T.J., who was one year old when he passed.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
1) Box Programming Dynamic Warm-up x 5:00
2) 3 Rounds of:
Bird Dogs x 5 ea.
Banded Glute Bridge x 5
3) 3 Rounds of:
Front Squat x 3-5, add lightweight each set. Done from the rack.
Seated Dynamic Vertical Jump x 3. Rest 30s.
B: Front Squat (1RM in 10 Sets. Rest 2:00)
– Build over the course of 10 sets – sets should look like: 3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1…
– Beginner: 5 x 5 working technique and only adding weight if form permits.
C: Warm-up (No Measure)
2) Warm-up for Metcon performing:
3 Hang Power Cleans
3 Push Jerk
*Build in weight
D: DT (Time)
5 Rounds for time:
12 Deadlifts, 155# / 105#
9 Hang Power Cleans, 155# / 105#
6 Push Jerks, 155# / 105#
In honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on February, 20 2009
To learn more about DT click here
Rest 10 minutes Then:
5 Rounds for time
3 Squat Snatch 155/105
9 Bar Facing Burpees
E: Warm-up (No Measure)
Banded Glute Bridges: 4 x 10. Rest 45s.
Foam Rolling Quads x 60s each
Parasympathetic Breathing x 15-20 breaths – 3 seconds inhale + hold 1 second + 3 second exhale