CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: This week we are performing the same complex as last Tuesday (5/14), except the goal today is to beat your previous weight by 10#s using the same band tension. This is done over the course of 8 sets.
– Metcon: Today’s conditioning is more of grip tester. This is done with an empty barbell on purpose as your forearms will be the limiting factor. Do underestimate this one since it’s done with an empty bar. For most of you, I’d like to see you complete each movement in no more than 3 sets.
A: Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk (8×1 building)
against a single strand band: 8 set, rest 90 seconds.
– Build to a moderate weight over the course of 8 sets.
– The goal is to beat weight achieved on 5/14 by 10#s.
B: Grip Blaster (Time)
For time with an empty barbell:
75 Barbell Rows (45, 35)
50 Barbell Curls
50 Barbell Strict Press
50 Barbell Rows
75 Hang Power Cleans
C: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
Banded Triceps Complex
– Supinated grip pushdown (median head of triceps) x 90s Max Reps
– Neutral grip pushdown (lateral head of triceps) x 90s Max Reps
– Overhead Extension (all three heads + anconeous) x 90s Max Reps
*Try to beat total reps from last week