CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Same strength work as last week with the exception of one additional set. All sets should be challenging.
– Metcon: Consider the overall volume – 55 reps per movement and break work in 1-2 sets so you’re able to work through the entire piece without excessive bouts of rest.
A: Speed Bench Press (With a slight incline: 3/9 x 3 @50%, every 45s. )
Watch this video for detail from the world’s strongest gym, Westside Barbell
change grip every 3 sets.
Add chains or bands
B1: DB Decline Bench Press (Slight Decline: 2/5 x 10. Rest 30s.)
Prop a bench on something 4” tall. Head facing down. Bench some dumbbells
– elevate the front of the bench on a 45# plate – roughly 3″ off the floor
– use the same weight or slightly heavier than last week
B2: Inverted Barbell Rows (2/5 x 15. Rest 30s.)
– 2 warm-up sets then 5 work sets.
– same set-up as last week
C: Metcon (Time)
S20H (135, 95)
Burpee Box Jumps w. a step down (24, 20)
L3: (115, 75)
L2: (95, 65) (20, 15) (Knee Lifts)
L1: (75, 55) (Step-ups) (Abmat Sit-ups)
15:00 Time Cap
D: Warm-up (No Measure)
Banded Triceps Complex x AMRAP 1 each position
– supinated + pronated + overhead
– Half-kneeling Biphasic Pec Strech x 60s each
– Parasympathetic Breathing x 15-20 breaths – 3 seconds inhale + hold 1 second + 3 second exhale