CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Week 2 of Speed work. As always, you could feel/be explosive on all sets. If you’re not feeling fast it’s okay to opt for a lighter load as the intent it to develop RFD(rate force development) and that can only be done with high bar velocities.
– Metcon: There is ONLY 1 metcon today. Put everything into going hard as you know what on this piece. This piece is possible to be done in sub 6 minutes. Don’t pace, just go for it!
A: Front Rack Box Squat (EMOM 8×3 Front Box Squats @55% + 25% Band Tension)
B: Power Clean (5 x 3 @75%, every 90s. – reset on each rep)
C: Glute-Ham Raises (3 x 8-10. Rest 60s.)
D: Tugboat (Time)
25 Power Cleans (115, 75)
25 Bar Facing Burpees
L3: (95, 65)
L2: (75, 55)
L1: (95, 65 Clean Grip Deadlifts) (Regular Burpees)
E: Metcon (No Measure)
1) Double Leg Banded Leg Curls + Banded Pull-Through: 3 x 50 + 50 Rest 60s.
– perform 50 leg curls each leg, then right into 50 banded pull-throughs. You can use two different band strengths if needed.
2) Banded Ab Pulldowns: 4 x 25. Rest 60