CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Today is week 2 of our Back Squat rep work. All sets should be challenging, but there should not be any breakdown in technique. We’ll conclude today’s work with a challenging squat clean single over the course of 6 sets done every 60s.
– Metcon: Today’s metcon consists of a few elements mainly to train the posterior chain, grip, core, and aerobic system.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
100 Ft. of Knee Hug + Forearm to floor + Toe Point + Thoracic Rotation
Grab barbells and complete:
10 Romanian Deadlifts
10 Front Squats
10 Back Squats
10 Goodmornings (squeeze glutes at top)
10 Muscle Cleans
Review the squat clean
– 3 Clean Pulls
– 3 Power Cleans
– 3 Squat Cleans on the coaches call. Rest 10s-20s between sets of 3 giving your clients guidance & ques.
B: Back Squat (4/3 x 5 @80%. Rest 2:00)
– 4 warm-up sets/3 work sets
C: Squat Clean (6 x 1, every 60s.)
– add weight each set up to a heavy single.
D: Metcon (No Measure)
Minute 1: 10 Romanian Deadlifts (AHAP)
Minute 2: 10 Goblet Box Squats (AHAP)
Minute 3: 10 Air Squat Jumps
Minute 4: 180 Ft. Asymmetrical Carry (switch sides at 90 ft)
*Your choice of weights today – challenging, but there should not be any breakdown in technique.