CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: You will be performing heavy deadlifts in the workout so form should be the focus during today’s strength portion – the purpose today is more to prepare for the Metcon.
You should work up to the desired weight for the metcon over the course of 5-6 sets performing reps of 2-2-1-1-1-1 (the desired weight you have in mind that matches your ability.) You can start with larger sets while weight is light and work to singles with at least 90s of rest between sets as weight increases.
– Metcon: ”April Fools Hero WOD”. Deadlifts are intended to be heavy but not at the price of sacrificing someones lower-back so be smart and think about using a load you can maintain your technique with for the entire 20 minutes.
Effort should be around 80% today – uncomfortable but output should not drop until after the 12-minute mark. The focus with this workout is more strategy than anything else as there overlap in movements (hip-extension) so there should not be a point where there is a massive breakdown in form
– it’s easier for folks to let that happen though so remember technique is more important than score. Today’s deadlift weight choice should be LESS THAN 80% of current 1RM Deadlift.
A: Metcon (No Measure)
200 meter jog
20 Scorpions (total)
10 Air Squats
5 Squat Thrusts
Barbell Warm Up
10 Romanian Deadlift
*Add lightweight to bar
*Rest 30s and transition to floor
10 Barbell Glute Bridge
B: Deadlift (2-2-1-1-1-1. Rest 90s-2:00.)
– The goal is to build to desired weight for Metcon
– Warm-up T2B between sets.
C: Marston (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
1 Deadlift (405, 275)
10 Bar Facing Burpees
L3: (315, 205)
L2: (225, 135) (Knee Lifts)
L1: (185, 125) (Regular Burpees) (Abmat Sit-ups)
Roughly 80% of 1RM DL.