CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Today we have several variations to train the posterior as well as the anterior chain. The focus is to feel the correct muscles working and to be challenged while still focusing on the quality of movement. Less emphasis on load today and more emphasis on taxing the correct musculature.
– Zercher Box Squat: This is a challenging variation for the quads and upper-back. The bar should stay in close to the body.
– Glute Hip Thrust (or Glute Bridge if using a bench is not an option) – 5 challenging sets that allow you to squeeze glutes hard at the top
– DB Step-ups: Unilateral variation for hip-extension. If loading choice is correct your working leg should do all of the work without assistance from trail leg.
– Farmer Carries: Core/Grip work finisher – loading be challenging to complete sets of 100-150 ft. with.
A: Zercher Box Squat (1RM. Rest 2:00 – Just below parallel. )
B: 1 Power Snatch+ 3 Overhead Squat (Build to a heavy set, every 90s.)
C: Hip Thrust (4 x 6. Rest 90s. Building)
D: Front Rack Barbell Step Up (3 x 10 ea. Rest 90s.)
– perform all reps on one leg before switching sides.
E: Farmers Carry (2 Arm) (Max 1 lap trips in 7 minutes.)
50% of DL for total weight.
F: Single Leg Banded Hamstring Curls (AMRAP – Reps)
3 x 50 ea. Rest 60s.