CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: Today we have several variations to train the posterior as well as the anterior chain. The focus is to feel the correct muscles working, and to be challenged while still focusing on quality of movement.
There is less emphasis on load today and more emphasis on taxing the correct musculature. Here’s a breakdown of how things should go:
– Box Squats: Moderately heavy weight for all sets – challenging, but executed with perfect form – a box slightly above parallel.
– Glute Hip Thrust or Glute Bridge if using a bench is not an option – 5 challenging sets that allow you to squeeze glutes hard at the top
– 1 1/4 Split Squats: These should be light but naturally suck.
– Serratus crunch: challenging, but no one should be hitting failure – perform with no weight if needed.