CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Today we are building to max Sumo Rack Deadlift. The purpose of this is to use less range of motion to tax your posterior in a different way.
– Metcon: Today’s metcon is meant to be done at maximal effort and completed in as few sets as possible – challenge yourself, but opt for moving faster vs. going heavier. All sets of squats and KBs should be capable of being done in sets of 10.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
Perform 5 Minutes of Box Programming Dynamic Warm-up which will consist of:
Knee Hug + Lunge w. forearm to floor + Thoracic Rotation + toe point
Leg Swing opposite toe to the opposite hand
Then with a light KB:
5 Sumo Deadlifts with KB
5 Russian KBS
5 Goblet Squats
*Go up in KB weight + repeat
Get barbells and start warming up Sumo Rack Pull Deadlifts – this will flow right into the strength section of today’s class.
B: Sumo Rack Deadlift (5-4-3-2-1+. Rest 2:00)
Set bar just below knees
– 1+ = 3-4 sets of 1 up to a 1RM.
– Beginner: Build to a challenging set of 3 if form permits.
C: Warm-up (No Measure)
Warm-up Back Squats & Russian KBS
C: Tombstone (Time)
30 Back Squats (225, 155)
50 Russian KBS (70, 53)
30 Calorie Bike (24 Calories ladies)
Rx+:(275, 185) (88, 70)
L3: (185, 125) (53, 35)
L2: (155, 105) (45, 30)
L1: (135, 95) (35, 25)
*Alternate Option for Air Bike:
40/34 Calorie Row
30/24 Calorie Ski Erg
D: Metcon (No Measure)
– Light Sledpull Powerwalk x 400 meters
– Reverse Hypers: 4 x 15. Rest 60s.