CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
MURPH SIGN-UPS ARE POSTED
Pick your heat time and sign up for potluck style bar-b-q
– Strength: This week we are performing the same complex as last Tuesday, except the goal today is to beat your previous weight by 10#s. Since we weren’t going for a max last time that should be very doable.
– Metcon: Today’s ”metcon” is intended to be light where you work for 30 seconds without stopping at a fast pace. Make no mistake, this workout will hurt though. Score today = total barbell rows completed. Shoot for 100+ reps.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
Box Programming Upper Warm-up
With a barbell + foam roller + light band
2 Rounds of:
6 Bent-over Rows
6 Push Press
6 Barbell Curls
25 Banded Pull-aparts
10 Passes Foam Roller on each Lat
10 Thoracic Rotations each
Then right into a 3-Way Banded Shoulder/Lat Stretch x 30s each position
B: Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk (8 x 1 + 1 + 1. Rest 90s.)
– Build to a moderate weight over the course of 8 sets.
– Goal is to beat weight achieved on 5/14 by 10#s.
C: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
3 Rounds of 30 seconds work/30 seconds rest with an empty barbell:
1a) Barbell Rows
1b) Barbell SDHP
1c) Barbell Curls
1d) Barbell Strict Press
1e) Abmat Sit-ups
L2/L1: (35, 15)
Score today = total barbell reps completed
D: Banded Triceps Complex
– Supinated Grip Pushdown (median head of triceps) x 90s Max Reps
– Neutral Grip Pushdown (lateral head of triceps) x 90s Max Reps
– Overhead Extension (all three heads + anconeous) x 90s Max Reps
*Denote TOTAL number reps complete