CrossFit Carolina Beach – Competitors Training
– Strength: The goal today is build to a new 1RM Front Squat over the course of 8-10 sets. Remember, that resting longer between heavy sets is completely warranted to allow for proper recovery between sets.
Overall, it’s important to have a plan in mind in terms of how progression with weights will look. Last tested on 8/13. We’ll be using this number starting NEXT Thursday. This work will be percentage work and done for the next 3-weeks. For your squat snatch, the goal is to hit a small PR today.
– Metcon: Effort for this piece should be high, around 90% and allow people to work with minimal resting. We last tested this piece on 9/6/18 so if you performed this last time you should know exactly how to approach and smash your previous score.
A: Front Squat (5-4-3-2-1+. Rest 2:00)
– Build to a 1RM (take 3-4 singles above 90%)
B: Snatch (10 x 1, every 90s.)
– start at 50% and shoot for a new 1RM.
C: Freshman V2 (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
7 DB Power Cleans (50, 35)
7 DB Thrusters (50, 35)
D: Glute-Ham Raises (5 x 5. Rest 60s.)
– against heavy band tension or added weight
– this should be 5 hard reps.
*Between sets complete 15 Standing Banded Ab Pulldowns