CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Today are performing a superset of shoulder width bench press and inverted rows. The purpose is to train the triceps, biceps, and back. Add weight each set for bench press and perform all sets that are challenging for the rows.
– Metcon: Today we’ll partner up to judge/count for each other and perform a past open WOD that is incredibly deceiving! This workout really is about being smart with your pacing so come up with a goal in terms of how much work you want to complete each minute. Top games athletes got around 140 reps when this was first released.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
Grab a light KB and complete,
AMRAP 7 at a slow pace:
8 KB Swings (4 Russian + 4 American)
8 Squat Thrusts
16 Banded Pull-aparts
16 Banded Triceps Pushdowns
3-Way Banded Shoulder Lat Stretch x 30s each position.
B1: Medium Grip Bench Press (8-8-6-6-4-4. Rest 45s.)
– adding weight each set
– Beginner: 6 x 6 focusing on technique.
B2: Inverted Barbell Rows (6 x 10. Rest 45s.)
– 1st 3 sets – pronated grip
– Last 3 sets – supinated grip
C: CrossFit Games Open 12.1 (AMRAP – Reps)
7-Minute AMRAP of:
Burpees to a 6″ target