CrossFit Carolina Beach – CrossFit
– Strength: Week 2 of Speed Deadlift using a band.
These should be fast, efficient. Be aggressive but reset on each rep. Remember, this is intended to be 10 ”work sets” so do not count the warm-up sets in this.
Also, make sure you reset on each rep and establish a great set-up position before pulling.
– Metcon: This is the second time we’ve performed this benchmark workout. Most people finished well under the cap so there are few things to consider:
1) If you were well under (less than 5 minutes) they’ll want to go heavier this time,
2) If you were close to the cap you’ll want to use the same scaling and try to beat you time by 60s. The effort for this workout should be around 90% meaning power cleans and squats are done in at least sets of 5, but are challenging sets. This workout is much like the name ”simple” but very effective. Last tested on 8/6.
A: Warm-up (No Measure)
5 Minutes of Dynamic Warm-up that consists of jumping, skips, back peddle, lunging, jumping jack shuffle, ect.
Then, With a barbell:
2 Rounds of: 5 Deadlifts
5 Power Cleans
5 Front Squats
15 Glute Bridges (BW) (Squeeze glutes for 1 count at top)
*All with an empty bar Then, 2-3 Sets of Banded Deadlift Review + Practice
B: Banded Conventional Deadlift (10 x 2 @65% of Monday + Band Tension. Every 60s. )
– Reset on each rep, not done touch n go.
– Beginner: Conventional Deadlift: 5 x 5 at a moderate weight heavier than last week. Reset on each rep. Rest 90s.
C: Metcon (No Measure)
Power Clean + Front Squat Build to Metcon weight in 3 sets of 2 Power Clean + 2 Front Squat.
D: Simple Man (Time)
Power Cleans (155, 105)
Front Squat (155, 105)
L3: (135, 95)
L2: (115, 75)
L1: (95, 65)